SITE4TEACHERS.COM

Where Teachers can find and share great deals, freebies, and tips!

Multi-Cultural Lessons

Teaching children about other cultures is very important to teachers as well as parents. The best way I have found to do this is by reading books with my students that show children of all types, sizes, abilities or disabilites. This exposes children to more than just one or two types of people and teaches them that there are all different types of people in the world. I also read books specifically about other countries and cultures; doing this with children at a very young age instills in them the virtues of tolerance and understanding.

Visit GlobalWonders.com to find other ways to teach multi-culturalism in the classroom and at home.

I found out about this resource using twittermoms.com, along with other great resources!

0 comments:

    Personalized Children's Gifts:

    1 cent Personalized Christmas My Adventure Book
Custom Search
All Teacher Websites